I have been a bad blogger not keeping up with things! We have been pretty busy lately though with our new homeschool group and outdoor activities. I have also been sewing up a storm. The muses have been speaking to me and when they speak, I listen, I never know when my next creative roadblock will come so I take advantage of the ideas when they happen! Instead of making this a wordy blog I am going to show off some of my handy work!


Skye wearing her top with matching diaper cover, the PUL is on the inside

cute dress with matching diaper cover, the waterproof PUL is on the inside, she wore it all day with no wicking problems

action shot of her wearing the dress, I made it semi-open in back and ruffled the bottom band a bit

yellow monkey flannel diaper and blue elephant PUL diaper cover

cute pillow-case style shirt for Lyss

Lexi and Skye matching pillow case style tops

Lexi's top

my new viking huskylock 905! I love it, I don't know how I ever lived in the world of sewing without a serger. Just imagine how great it will be when I actually learn all it can do!

kimono-style dress for Lexi, she loved it and outgrew it so now it is Lyssa's

Maddie's second birthday dress, it was a pattern from the 1950's that I got when my nana passed away a few years ago. Those old patterns sure do look different and the sewing techniques are laborious!

flannel and terry diaper wipes I made. I got the flannel on sale for around $1 a yard and the washcloths were a huge package on clearance at target. I simply cut the washcloths in quarters, cut the flannel to size and serged them together. They are so soft on Skye's skin, I am going to make a few dozen more, I don't even use store-bought wipes anymore!

Skye's Easter dress with eyelet pinafore. I love little old-fashioned looking dresses on babies!

My beautiful, dutiful Necchi. I love this machine, it is the best machine I have ever used! It stitches straight, strong, and fast. I have been using it for about 6 years now and am just starting to use the many different stitch settings it has, I am going to try my hand at applique with it soon!

Comments

Popular Posts