The Start of Something Good?


After years of friends and family telling me I should be selling my handmade clothing, bags, and shoes I decided to bite the bullet and do just that. It wasn't without a lot of doubt, hand-wringing, and thoughts of "what if it all falls apart in the wash". I know my knowledge and skills have increased exponentially even from what I was doing a few years ago but there are still seeds of doubt. It is a huge deal to put your wares on display for thousands of people to see and critique. But alas, I made a few items and opened an etsy shop. I instantly sold 2 items but nothing else has sold yet. It has only been a couple of weeks and I know I should be patient but I am now afraid the shop is a flop! I am still working on new patterns and tweaking patterns that I've created and like my sewing skills I am sure my shop will be a lot better a year from now. It has inspired me to have a new goal..I've always wanted to own my own business but I thought that would be in interior design. Now I realize to have my own children's boutique carrying my designs and the original creations of other talented moms. Put it on the 5 year plan and see what happens. I have a lot to learn and a long way to go but one day.......

Comments

Popular Posts